Friday 27 June 2014

Green

Term time is quietening down and so I'm making more time for sewing! YAY!

A couple of months ago I went for a photoshoot with my dear friend Amelia (a late Christmas present) and I decided I would take along a playsuit that I made last summer from vintage material given to me by Grandma Wright...



I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make from it but because of it being vintage, I had originally thought some kind of vintage style dress but eventually I settled on adapting the pattern I'd began to cut and creating a 1950's style playsuit as my holiday to Spain was imminent (I actually finished stitching the playsuit at about 3am the night before I was due to fly at 9am - as is often the case when I plan to sew something!).



Adapting a pattern to fit yourself is tricky as I'm not exactly a standard shape and it's not stretchy so it was quite important to get it right! I also made a matching head tie for it but may still create a 1950's head scarf to go with it... or is that overkill? So, I wore this in Spain on the day that I lost a Go Kart race against the boys in Oriheuela - but they kindly let me stand at the top of the podium to make me feel better. Here is the finished product!


Poser.

In preparation for my Easter trip to Spain with Amelia, I made a v-neck tea dress from some vintage polka dot cotton. Since Spain is hotter than the sun it was the perfect light weight & loose holiday outfit! Again, I finished it about 5 minutes before heading out the door to get on a plane.



More recently I've been making bow ties! I had a request from a friend for a bow tie as a present for someone who liked green. Lucky that, since green is my favourite colour, I happen to have lots of it so I've been on a bit of a green mission to make as many green bow ties as I can... I've managed two so far... :S The bright green was originally the requested fabric for the bow tie in question but I'm not convinced. Love the print but the fabric was quite thick to tie so I think it would suit someone who suits/likes larger bow ties and wants to make a statement.


So, I went about making a completely different one from similar fabric to the Glenmorangie bow tie in my post This is from Matilda. Sadly, no Glenmorangie was consumed during the creation of this one. This one was created partly to the soundtrack of Milhaud's 6 Chansons de Theatre... Which I am learning. And are great.


I have decided to put this day aside to sewing more green things (and practicing and doing something active)... but mostly sewing green things.

Watch this space!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment